An introduction to the portlets architecture of Plone 3, with practical examples.
- What's a Portlet?
- Basic plone.portlets architecture
- Testing the portlet
- How and where are Portlet Assignments stored?
- How are portlets rendered?
- Order and blacklisting
- Appendix: Practicals
Portlet tips (advanced)
- Creating a portlet
- Subclassing a portlet
- Using z3c.form in portlets
- Overriding portlet rendering
- update() and render()
- available property
- Iterate portlets assigned to the portal root
- Looking up a portlet by id
- Walking through every portlet on the site
- Checking if a certain context portlet is active on a page
- Rendering a portlet
- Hiding unwanted portlets
- Disabling right or left columns in a view or template
- Disabling right or left columns on a context
- Creating a new portlet manager
- Fixing relative links for static text portlets
- Other resources and examples