Upgrading Plone 3.x to 4.0¶
Upgrading your site and your products from Plone 3 to Plone 4.
- Updating a custom Plone 3 buildout for Plone 4
Updating add-on products for Plone 4
- Detecting Plone 4
- No more global definitions in templates
- The action icons tool (portal_actionicons) has been deprecated
- No more Zope 2 interfaces
- Miscellaneous import changes
- AdvancedQuery has been removed from Plone core
- Manual calls to translate
- Use plone.app.blob-based BLOB storage
- Add views for content types
- 'MailHost.secureSend' is now deprecated; use 'send' instead
- Portlets Generic Setup syntax changes
- Updating Plone 3 themes for Plone 4
- New users and groups functionality
- Make sure your templates are valid XML
- document_byline and some other macros are now viewlets
- No longer bin/instance test - use zc.recipe.testrunner
- Vocabulary Directive now replaced by Utilities
- Folder implementation changes
- Empty/Control_Panel/Products using Plone 4
- Deprecated Templates Checklist
Email address-based login
- When this feature is enabled, can I log in with either my username and my email address or only my email address?
- Is this feature enabled by default in new Plone 4 sites? Will it get activated if I migrate to P4 from a previous version?
- How can I activate/deactivate this feature? Are there any possible issues during activation/deactivation I should know about?
- What happens when I change my email address?
- Upgrading Caching Products